Who is Responsible for What?

Which Council Does What?

When dealing with Councils it is often difficult to decide who to get in touch with for what. This list, though not exhaustive, will give you an idea:

Parish Council
  • Bus shelters
  • Some public benches
  • Recreational facilities
  • Car parks
  • Notice boards
  • Funding emptying of dog bins
  • Grass cutting parish council land
  • Viewing of planning applications
  • Celebratory events 

Lichfield District Council
  • Set and collect Council Tax
  • Environmental health
  • Housing benefits
  • Planning applications
  • Local plans
  • Arts and leisure
  • Public conveniences
  • Unclassified roads
  • Waste collection
  • Tree preservation

Staffordshire County Council
  • Education and youth employment
  • Transpor
  • Social services
  • Some planning applications
  • Strategic local plans
  • Recreation, arts and museums
  • Roads and pavements including blocked drains
  • Waste disposal
  • Street lights and signs
  • Hazardous roadside
  • Traffic lights
  • Footpaths

Reporting road and lighting faults directly to Staffordshire County Council Highways Department

Any resident can contact Staffordshire County Council directly, to report faults and defects to the Highway for example: in roads, pavements, street signs, lighting, blocked drains (inc. road gutters), fallen or dangerous trees and branches and all other highways problems.

To report Highway issues, please follows the link below, which will take you directly to the Staffordshire County Council Report It page. 

Report It! Roads & Highways - Staffordshire County Council 

Alternatively you can contact them by telephone on 0300 111 8000

Waste & Recycling Information - Lichfield District Council

Waste Disposal
Refer to timetable for black and brown bin collections. 

Nearest tip: Lichfield (off Kwikfit roundabout)
Opening Times: 09:00 - 18:00 Monday to Sunday

For collection of bulky waste (e.g. bed, sofas, carpets): call 01543 308999 
Check for charge beforehand.

For collection of fridges/freezers: call 01543 308999 (no charge)

To report overflowing waste bins: call 01543 308999

Green bins emptied every Friday - refer to timetable for holiday collections

Clothing recycling: next to Alrewas Fryer 

To get more green boxes: call 01543 308999

If you are struggling to get boxes to edge of property: call 01543 308999 

Dog Fouling
To report a dog fouling problem: contact the Dog Warden on 01543 308725 or email: pollution@lichfielddc.gov.uk

To report a dog bin that is full: call 01543 308999